Custom Orders are currently CLOSED.
Due to the volume of custom order requests that I receive, I am only able to fulfill a very limited amount of requests. A formal request must be made when custom orders are open in order to be considered. I cannot discuss future custom orders and will only discuss a custom order in detail once the request has been approved by me.
Please read over the procedures & guidelines below before submitting your request!
Custom Order Procedure:
- READ OVER THE PROCEDURE & GUIDELINES BELOW BEFORE SUBMITTING A REQUEST! Failure to read this will pretty much guarantee that I do not accept your custom order request.
- SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY. If you are not ready to complete the purchase immediately, please hold off on submitting your request. Custom orders are $40 ($30 for children’s or if you provide your own frames) plus shipping. I do not offer bulk discounts at this time, *unless* you are ordering a bulk amount of ONE design.
- After reading over the guidelines, submit your request via e-mail with the title “Custom Order Request” to: email@example.com.
- Please include the following info in your custom order request:
- Lyric/word choice, if any. Please see "Guidelines and Tips" below for help on what lyrics will work and what won't.
- Frame shape requests. If you are not picky about frames, please specify that.
- Date needed, if needed by a specific date. There is a processing time of 1-2 weeks for custom orders (plus shipping time).
- Decoration requests (such as flowers, stars, lightning bolts, etc)
- Colors/themes you're going for.
- Colors/decorations you'd like me to avoid, if any.
- I will respond ONLY if your idea is something that I feel I want to work with. I receive a lot of requests and simply cannot fulfill all of them. If you do not hear back from me by the end of the custom order request period, your custom order request has not been granted this time. This could be for any number of reasons, but the most likely is either your lyric choice is too long or I’m dealing with a very high volume of requests. I would suggest taking another look at the guidelines/tips outlined below. You are welcome to submit your idea again the next time I open custom order requests. Please do not ask me why I did not accept your custom order request; all of the answers are here.
- Upon approval of your request I will set up an invoice and instruct you on how to move forward. You will have 48 hours to submit your payment. Your custom order is not secured until payment is received! Failure to pay will result in your custom order slot being given to the next person in line.
- Communication is crucial. This is a collaboration between artist and client. Please check your e-mail frequently during the process. If I am needing information and do not receive a response within 72 hours, I may cancel and refund your custom order.
- Processing time for custom orders is 1-2 weeks PLUS shipping time. I do not offer rush orders. I appreciate your patience!
- I will always send a picture of the finished product before I ship. I like to receive the client’s approval before shipping, but if I do not receive a response within 48 hours I will go ahead and ship the item.
Guidelines and Tips for Custom Orders
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR IDEA! Not all ideas will work!
- First of all, it is important that you understand that my custom orders are a collaboration, not “design-your-own”. Please trust in my creative process and understand that while I will do everything I can to bring your vision to life I must remain true to my own artistic style and vision! Your flexibility is appreciated!
- Keep it short and sweet. Circle and heart-shaped frames typically have a maximum of 10-12 characters PER lens (characters include spaces), depending on the size of the frames. Square, cat-eye, and more angular shapes will have a much shorter maximum of 5-8 characters PER lens, again depending on size of the frames. There are certain exceptions to this rule, but if you have a long lyric in mind please consider having a few back-up choices.
- The more words, the less room for other decorations. Once the character maximum is reached there is no space for something like a daisy or star on the side, although I can still decorate with jewels around the rims.
- Keep symmetry in mind. While asymmetrical designs are possible, some can be very tricky. It becomes especially tricky when there is a very long word sandwiched in the middle (think “Helping Friendly Book”...not ideal symmetry).
- My frame selection changes constantly. I will provide photos of what I have available based on what you have requested. If you have a very specific frame shape in mind and I do not have it, I am always happy to cancel and refund your order.
- If you wear prescription glasses, I am happy to decorate frames that are mailed to me. I just need to see pictures of them first to make sure that it’s something I can work with. If you already have the frames please include a picture in your custom order request.
- To get a feel for my style and what types of decorations I have available, I recommend checking out my Instagram page: @shopbabacool. If you do not have the Instagram app you can still view it in your internet browser at: instagram.com/shopbabacool. I encourage you to include pictures of any of my past work that you feel is helpful in your request. This is also a good place to get an idea of what styles of frames I usually carry.
- I do not like making “novelty” designs that are intended for limited use. For example, I will not make anything with the word “bride” or the name of a specific event. I do not make promotional items with company names. It's just not my style, bb!
- If your custom order request is not accepted, remember I make soooo many fun designs **all**the**time! You are sure to find something you love! Follow me on Instagram (@shopbabacool) and Facebook (facebook.com/shopbabacool) to stay in the loop, and maybe after a while you’ll come up with some new ideas and try again. Thank you so much for appreciating my work!